Now the question is how to prepare for this year's IAS prelims exam which is popularly known as CSAT? To get the answer to this question, firstly you have to count the exact remaining days for your examination. Then also check how much time you can devote for the study.
Here we have given a strategy and tips provided by Sanjeev Kabeer sir (Director Career Quest IAS Academy, Delhi) to prepare yourself for IAS prelims in 50 days.
* The strategy will be different for every candidate as per the level of preparation and availability of time. Though it is very hard to prepare for IAS prelims in just 50 days for a new candidate without any previous preparation like newspaper reading, basic books reading.
* But given the generalised nature of the exam, one can think about cracking this hard nut in just 50 days with dedicated plan and exact material.
Strategy for GS PAPER :
* Analyse the previous year's question papers to get the idea about the question pattern.
* Solve at least 50 MCQs daily within time limit.
* Do smart study, find out the important area with help of question papers and prepare them from standard books like NCERT, Govt Websites, www.iasarticles.blogspot.com etc.
* Refer any good competitive exam magazine or current event update book, India Year Book, Manorama Year Book, GK Book, Career Quest IAS Study Kit, Economic Survey etc.
* Have a proper revision plan once in a week like Sunday.
* Avoid outings like cinemas, parties, tour, weddings etc.
* Focus on self preparation with some limited interaction with serious candidates.
* Do not take wrong material. Now a days many software companies are here in the market and they are trying to sell their notes, kits, micro notes for IAS without expertise in the field. Some are also offering money back guarantee! It is not the serious preparation. They will give you your money back, but what about the attempts and time? Both are limited. Be wise in selection of the study material. Ensure that the institute or any website or any company which is offering study material for IAS is backed up with successful mentor who has proved his expertise in the field.
* Do not depend only on coaching class notes. Read some supplementary material also as mentioned above.
* Questions in prelims are of general interest. Be curious and alert about the development around you. Questions will be based on these events only.
* Take equal interest in all the field like environment, science, politics, judiciary, history, economy, geography, society etc.
Strategy for CSAT PAPER :
* Analyse the previous year's question papers to get the idea about the question pattern. This paper is new but mental ability is old part. So prepare in detail.
* For English preparation try to solve similar questions from various sources. Understand the usage of English language.
* Practice to develop fast reading ability.
* Get the maths formulas from any school books. Then practice it from any good question bank available in the market.
* Use your common sense to judge the question and think the answer.
Tips to crack CSAT:
* Practice more MCQ type questions of UPSC standard.
* Read minimum books, avoid wrong material, revise on a regular basis like weekly revision.
* In a negative marking pattern do not try to solve all the questions. Focus on solving questions correctly. If you are not sure, leave it.
* If you reading English version of the question paper, if required see Hindi version also for better understanding.
* Do not depend on the other candidate for preparation. Self help is the best way! If possible help others.
* Be confident! Be healthy! Be focused! Success is yours....
Thankyou for the above information!! It is for all those who are preparing for the IAS exams. I was preparing for the same
and was looking for coaching but was unable to find. Then i opted for the online course for IAS
general studies and it was beyond my expectations. It is both time and cost effective. So got
myself enrolled at : IAS General Studies and CSAT Prelims Online Video Coaching Course
Check it guys!! it's a must and a great Online Coaching course for IAS preparation.
hope it was helpful!! thanks
List of coaching centers for ias exam and share about top ias coaching in chennai
Hi. This is really a great post. Clearing the IAS exams is not an easy one. Your guidance and tips gives the self confidence and strength to prepare IAS exams and clear the exams very easily. Thank you.
IAS Academy in Chennai | Best IAS Academy in Chennai
Best ias academy in bangalore
Global IAS Academy in Bangalore provides the best IAS Coaching for Indian Civil Services Exams, UPSC Exams, IPS, IFS & Other Competitive Exams in India.
That’s super informative post. Keep sharing such articles. Are you looking to pass competitive exam in very first attempt then you should practice sample tests as much as you can. There are plethora of websites that can help you prepare for the exam. http://www.kidsfront.com/competitive-exams/english-practice-test.html is my most favorite website.
I concur with all other comments. Though we have many materials every aspirants will look for some direct guidance or Online based Live Webinars or online videos. Click here... for free materials and videos.
This is the main Coaching Institute that gives powerful Online Video Courses and get(Prelims & Mains) free test Series for splitting the Competitive Exams through Best IAS Coaching Centres in Bangalore
I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard
Best Tnpsc Coaching Centre in Chennai
Tnpsc Coaching Centre
Tnpsc Current Affairs
your site information was amazing and informative to read, thanks, admin.
Daily TNPSC Current Affairs
TNPSC Current Affairs in Tamil
TNPSC Portal Current Affairs in Tamil
TNPSC Current Affairs 2019 in Tamil
Nice blog, I am really happy to read your blog. Thanks for sharing your blog.
AWS Training in Bangalore
AWS Training in Chennai
AWS Course in Bangalore
Best AWS Training in Bangalore
AWS Training Institutes in Bangalore
AWS Certification Training in Bangalore
Data Science Courses in Bangalore
DevOps Training in Bangalore
PHP Training in Bangalore
DOT NET Training in Bangalore
valuable blog,Informative content...thanks for sharing, Waiting for the next update...
core java training in chennai
core java training
core java course
core java training in T nagar
core java training in Guindy
C C++ Training in Chennai
Hibernate Training in Chennai
LoadRunner Training in Chennai
Mobile Testing Training in Chennai
It is very good and useful for students and developer.Learned a lot of new things from your post Good creation,thanks for give a good information.I like it and help me to development very well.Thank you for this brief explanation and very nice information.Well, got a good knowledge.
AWS training in chennai | AWS training in annanagar | AWS training in omr | AWS training in porur | AWS training in tambaram | AWS training in velachery
It would have been the happiest moment for you,I mean if we have been waiting for something to happen and when it happens we forgot all hardwork and wait for getting that happened.
AWS training in chennai | AWS training in anna nagar | AWS training in omr | AWS training in porur | AWS training in tambaram | AWS training in velachery
Post a Comment